31 May 2010

I iPadded

After a few months of waiting for Australia to catch up with the US and see Apple release the iPad here, mine arrived at the office yesterday lunchtime. I reordered it as soon as the button be active on the apple store weeks ago. Why the hell morons line up the night before is beyond me - it is true that people are idiots. The wait for the 28th to come around was really killing me, like an idiot I'd check two or three times a day for the last week. Finally Apple sent it out on Wednesday and then it was the regular tracking check. Only in Australia could a courier get away with having a package sit at a depot in Brisbane for 24 hours.

The good news is that after spending the morning un a meeting anxiously waiting and totally distracted by thoughts of iPad, We broke for lunch and as I passed the front desk a nice delivery guy walks in with a basket of packages which looked the right size. Lo and behold it came!

I didn't get to set it up until the evening after I went grocery shopping but I think I've been okaying with it nonstop during the last 24 hours.

You know the whole buyers remorse thing? This thing brings out the exact opposite feeling in me and I can't get enough of this thing.


- Steve

No comments: